Director or Senior Director – Program Management – Job #1006
Responsible for overseeing and managing cross-functional areas of product development. This position serves an essential liaison role between the program team and senior management. The Program Manager will manage all aspects of program from mid-to late stage clinical research through commercialization by:
- Facilitating team meetings and managing the team activities via agendas, minutes, project information, etc.
- Keeping senior management and key stakeholders informed of program status and escalating issues when they impact timeline, scope, quality or budget
- Developing and managing to integrated product development plans and associated operations plans
- Identifying critical path issues and alternative plan scenarios
- Identifying resource needs to achieve program objectives
- Communicating effectively with team members, senior leaders, and the broader organization
- Assessing program issues and areas of risk and developing mitigation plans to assist in decision making
- Facilitates team-based generation and evaluation of innovative, development options through project management expertise
- Using project knowledge to be strategic in planning short-, mid-, long-term project objectives and identifying interdependencies
- Developing, maintaining, tracking, and managing a high-quality, integrated project plan to enable accurate reporting and decision making
- Using strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership and active facilitation to enable effective team meetings and high-performance teams
- Working closely with team members from contributing functions to integrate input into optimized strategic and operational plans
10+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience and a minimum of 7 years of Program Management experience supporting cross-functional biologics drug development teams is required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically when planning, managing teams, and managing program processes
- Strong project management to enable precise execution
- Takes accountability for all program management aspects and works effectively and closely with the project leader
- Skillful use of interpersonal skills and influence to accomplish work without formal authority and to ensure optimal team performance
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, which enable successful collaboration with executive level stakeholders internally and externally
- Strong experience facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, and ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Sound judgment, problem solving, matrix management, and collaboration in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to problems
- Proven leadership skills, executive presence, maturity, and emotional intelligence
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Experience in late stage and commercialization, global drug development highly preferred
Bachelor’s Degree required. Scientific degree and advanced degree (PhD, MBA, PMP) preferred. Late-stage experience with monoclonal antibodies is highly desirable.
Cash and equity compensation commensurate with candidate’s experience and qualifications. Highly competitive employer paid benefits (e.g. medical, 401k matching).
Interested applicants please send resume to email@example.com
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.