Head of Human Resources - Job #1031
Allakos is a clinical-stage company developing therapeutic antibodies that selectively target immunomodulatory receptors present on the surface of immune effector cells involved in allergic, inflammatory, and proliferative diseases. Our initial clinical focus is eosinophilic gastritis, an inflammatory disease of the gastrointestinal tract. We are also conducting clinical trials for other mast cell and eosinophil-driven diseases.
We are seeking a Head of Human Resources who will be responsible for establishing and maintaining effective relationships in support of our corporate values while ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of key Human Resources projects and objectives. This role will manage all aspects of the employment life cycle, HR services, policies, and programs and building and managing a recruiting team critical to meeting the company’s aggressive growth targets. Partners with R&D staff and supports business plans.
The Head of Human Resources encourages a high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Partner with the business in developing an understanding of the people and organizational strategy needs and assist in designing and executing solutions in the areas of: recruiting, talent management, leadership development, succession planning, organizational structure, business process improvement, performance management, global teaming, rewards and recognition strategies, communication, staffing and engagement
- Proactively initiate dialog with management, provide advice on issues affecting morale, performance, development and organization effectiveness, helping to determine root causes and recommending appropriate next steps
- Lead, coach and develop a high performing HR team and support individual development
- Support the development and execution of annual processes such as Talent Management, Succession Development, Compensation Review Process, 360 Feedback process, etc
- Assist in creating and launching new programs aligned with our HR strategy
- Ensure site compliance as it relates to state and federal laws, and the effective resolution of day to day HR matters.
- Utilize reports and analyze data in support of day to day operations and process improvement
- Interact with all levels in the organization across cultures and time zones
- Develop productive relationships across the HR centers of excellence (COE’s) and across the organization
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Organization Development or Business required
- 15+ years of experience in HR is required with experience across recruiting, talent management, and training
- Strong knowledge and understanding of California and federal employment law
- Strong sense of business ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills who communicates with clear rational and appeal
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise with Excel and PowerPoint
- Comfortable developing and giving presentations both locally and to broader parts of the organization
- Experience in a Life Sciences environment preferred
Interested applicants please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference Job #1031.
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.