Medical Director, Allergy/Gastroenterology
Allakos Inc. is a dynamic clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing first-in-class antibody-based therapeutics to treat allergic and inflammatory diseases.
The Medical Director will provide clinical and scientific leadership for medical affairs activities in the areas of Allergy and Gastroenterology.The individual in this role will support the design, implementation, and monitoring of medical strategies, plans and tactics for the development of our lead compound, AK002. In addition, the Medical Director will play a key role in generating and communicating medical evidence with external stakeholders and will be expected to be a team player with well-developed skills for gaining the cooperation of others and ensuring effective communication among team members. This position will also represent the Medical Affairs function within cross-functional teams at Allakos and in external customer-facing engagements.
As a Medical Director at Allakos, you will:
- Develop and review content for medical and scientific information exchange as well as for educational activities
- Have a strong outward-facing presence while building relationships with Allergists, Gastroenterologists, Pathologists and other key stakeholders
- Play a leadership role in the implementation of medical tactics and activities, leveraging expertise and insights
- Identify opportunities for research collaborations and partnerships with Allergy, Gastroenterology and Pathology experts, medical societies, patient advocacy groups and other stakeholders
- Provide the medical perspective for the AK002 development program to executives, peers and other members of Medical Affairs team
- Develop and ensure the clinical and medical accuracy of training material
- Provide input on manuscripts and expert review of publications and abstracts
- Conduct medical data analyses and interpretation
- Support the design and implementation of Phase 4 and Investigator Initiated clinical studies as needed
Qualifications & Expertise:
- Advanced clinical/science degree required (MD strongly preferred) with specialty (or relevant experience) in Gastroenterology, Allergy and/or Immunology
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant clinical/medical pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience or clinical/academic practice
- Flexibility in prioritizing work and ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment and, decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong relevant subject matter knowledge
This position is located in Redwood City, CA and requires up to 40% time traveling.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.