Sr. Research Associate/Associate Scientist/Scientist, Purification & Formulation Development
Allakos Inc. is a dynamic clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing first-in-class antibody-based therapeutics to treat allergic and inflammatory diseases.
The company is seeking to recruit a Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist/Scientist with expertise in late-stage purification and formulation development to join our expanding Purification & Formulation Development team.
The successful candidate will make a substantial impact on the delivery of Process Development and Manufacturing activities in the purification and formulation process development area. This position reports to the Senior Scientist of Purification & Formulation Development.
- Develop and scale-up multi-step purification processes for production of monoclonal antibodies
- Design and develop formulations and processes for monoclonal antibodies
- Utilize experimental design to optimize formulation composition and purification processes
- Present experimental data in project and group meetings
- Author technical reports
- Implement new purification technologies to optimize and streamline processes
- Transfer and oversee purification process at CMO for GMP manufacturing
- Review executed batch records from CMO manufacturing
- Support troubleshooting issues that occur during development, scale-ups and in GMP manufacturing
- Produce material for analytical development
- Manage internal material supply
- Review regulatory documentation
- Degree (BS, MS) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related scientific field. Qualification for Scientist is minimum of 6 years of relevant industry experience for MS and 8 years for BS level candidates. For Associate Scientist, the minimum requirement is 4 years of relevant industry experience for MS and 6 years for BS level candidates. For Sr. Research Associate, the minimum requirement is 2 years of relevant industry experience for MS and 4 years for BS level candidates. Final level will be commensurate with candidate’s experience
- Experienced in protein purification techniques including column chromatography, filtration and tangential flow filtration
- Working knowledge of AKTA systems and UNICORN programming
- Ability to analyze and interpret complexed process data
- Work independently and proactively with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel and perform Person-in-Plant manufacturing oversight at a CMO is preferred
- Experience with Lonza’s GS-CHO cell line and platform purification processes is preferred
- Experience working with external manufacturing vendors and partners is preferred
- DOE using statistical analysis software is preferred
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants please send resume to CMCcareers@allakos.com.
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.