Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Analytical Development and Quality Control
Allakos Inc. is a dynamic clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing first-in-class antibody-based therapeutics to treat allergic and inflammatory diseases.
The company is seeking to recruit a Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate/Associate Scientist with experience in analytical development and testing to join our expanding team in the group of Analytical Development and Quality Control (ADQC). The scope of the position and requirements are described below.
The successful candidate will analyze samples, develop and improve analytical methods, which include, but are not limited to plate-based ligand binding assays and cell-based bioassays. The incumbent is expected to plan, execute, analyze and document the laboratory studies. The focus of the position is to work in the analytical laboratory. The incumbent may support the interaction with CDMOs/CTLs as needed.
- Plan and perform sample testing in the laboratory to support the CMC product development activities.
- Develop and optimize ELISA, cell-based bioassays or other methods to support biochemical characterization of antibody products.
- Ensure the laboratory and analytical instruments are well maintained and troubleshoot potential issues. Ensure all relevant experiments and data are well documented.
- May work with vendors to ensure the sample submission, testing and data analysis are on track. Support the method transfers and validation with CDMOs/CTLs as needed.
- May prepare and review analytical procedures, protocols, and study reports as appropriate.
- May contribute to the investigation and resolution of out-of-specification (OOS) and out-of-trend (OOT) testing results.
- Perform data analysis and present results in team meetings as needed.
- Degree (BS, MS) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or a related scientific field. Qualification for Sr. Research Associate is minimum 2 years of relevant industry experience for MS and 4 years for BS level candidates. For Associate Scientist, the minimum requirement is 4 years of relevant industry experience for MS and 6 years for BS. Candidates without relevant industry experience may be considered for Research Associate.
- Relevant experience in biochemical methods such as ELISA, cell-based assays, qPCR, gel electrophoresis, western blot, flow cytometry, Octet, etc.
- Working experience in the development of GMP release test is a plus. Experience in cell culture and aseptic lab practice is a plus. Experience with CDMOs/CTLs is a plus, but not required.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented in a laboratory setting.
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced environment and on multiple tasks simultaneously with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in oral and written communication with colleagues.
- Physical ability to lift up to 30lbs and work at the lab bench for extended periods of time.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants please send resume to CMCcareers@allakos.com. Please specify the job title (Research Associate, Sr. Research Associate or Associate Scientist) to be considered in the application.
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.