Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Immunology/Cell Biology– Job #1004
LOCATION: Redwood City, CA
Senior level role supporting translational research activities for our lead compound AK002 and advancing pre-clinical therapeutic antibody programs to candidate selection. The individual in this role will assist in planning experimental roadmaps, help supervise the daily activities of research staff, and work at the bench to meet objectives. As a Senior Scientist, you will independently develop novel assays, manage in vivo studies, and coach junior scientists to meet program goals. In addition, the individual in this role will assist in writing abstracts and journal articles to publish results.
As a Senior Scientist at Allakos, you will:
Develop and optimize novel ex vivo and in vitro assays using human or mouse primary tissues
- Design, manage, and coordinate in vivo studies with academic collaborators and CROs
- Develop project plans to manage workload, timelines, and resources
- Assist in writing manuscripts, abstracts, and patents
- Become a project lead and mentor a team of scientists to meet goals
- Work collaboratively on multiple projects concurrently and coordinate actives across functions
Qualifications & Expertise:
- PhD in cell biology, immunology, pharmacology, molecular biology or a closely related field
- Minimum of 2-3 of post-doctoral experience and 2 years of industry experience OR 3-6 years of industry experience
- Relevant knowledge of immunology, allergic and inflammatory diseases, pre-clinical disease models, and therapeutic antibodies
- Works independently, self-motivated, and innovative
- Flexibility in prioritizing work and ability to thrive in ambiguous environment
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
This position is located in Redwood City, CA and requires up to 5% time traveling.
Interested applicants please send resume to Careers@allakos.com and reference job #1004
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.