Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Purification Development #1019
Allakos Inc. is a dynamic clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing first-in-class antibody-based therapeutics to treat allergic and inflammatory diseases.
The company is seeking to recruit a Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist with expertise in late-stage purification development to join our expanding Purification & Formulation Development team.
The successful candidate will make a substantial impact on the delivery of Process Development and Manufacturing activities in the purification process development areas. This position reports to the Associate Director of Purification & Formulation Development.
- Develop and scale-up multi-step purification processes for production of monoclonal antibodies
- Utilize experimental design to optimize and characterize purification processes
- Implement new purification technologies to optimize and streamline processes
- Transfer and oversee purification process at CMO for GMP manufacturing
- Review executed manufacturing batch records
- Support troubleshooting issues that occur during development, scale-ups and at-scale GMP manufacturing
- Produce material for analytical development and toxicology studies
- Author technical reports and regulatory documents
- Present experimental data in project and group meetings
- Manage internal material supply
- Degree (BS, MS) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related scientific field. The minimum requirement is 2 years of relevant industry experience for MS and 4 years for BS level candidates.
- Experienced in protein purification techniques including chromatography, normal flow filtration and tangential flow filtration
- Strong knowledge of AKTA systems and proficient in UNICORN programming
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex process data
- Work independently and proactively with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Perform Design of Experiments (DOE) using statistical analysis software (JMP knowledge preferred)
- Late stage purification development and characterization / Quality by Design experience preferred
- Experience with Lonza’s GS-CHO cell line and platform purification processes is preferred
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications
Interested applicants, please send resume to CMCcareers@allakos.com
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.