Research Associate or Senior Research Associate, Protein Chemistry, R&D
Allakos Inc. is a dynamic clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing first-in-class antibody-based therapeutics to treat allergic and inflammatory diseases.
- Protein expression and purification of proteins and antibodies to support research and development activities:
- Transient Transfection
- Generation of Stable Pool or Cell Lines
- Cell culture supernatant harvest and filtration
- Protein purification
- Protein analysis and characterization:
- Soluble aggregates formation (SEC HPLC)
- Purity and fragments formation (SDS-PAGE)
- Visible aggregation (UV/VIS spectroscopy etc.)
- Perform stability studies of purified proteins
- Protein-protein interaction, Forte Bio and ELISA
- Protein conjugations and modifications
- Produce reports and protocols
- Actively participate in team meetings
- BSc or Msc degree in biochemistry, protein chemistry, biology, or related scientific field with a Minimum of 2-5 years industry experience
- Experience in protein purification such as Protein A and IMAC
- Analytical techniques such as SDS-PAGE, UV spectroscopy, and HPLC
- Proficient use of AKTA and Agilent HPLC required.
- Tissue culture experience a plus but not required
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants please send resume to email@example.com
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.