Sr./Field Medical Scientist based in South/Southeast United States – Job #1026
Will Reside in Southeast/Southern United States, field based with 60% travel
Primary Position Summary
The Medical Scientist (MS) will act as a scientific and clinical expert in diseases of interest to Allakos, relevant to antolimab (AK002). The MS will leverage her/his scientific background, industry knowledge, and medical acumen to act as a scientific resource to both external experts and internal colleagues. The MS will be responsible for building relationships and engaging with Opinion Leaders (OLs), HCPs, study investigators and other stakeholders to develop mechanistic expertise and deliver scientific and clinical education. In addition, the MS will gather information during interactions with stakeholders and synthesize this information into insights that translate to relevant implications/recommendations for Allakos. The MS will support research initiatives and other scientific exchange activities to support the Allakos Medical Affairs plan and strategies.
As a Medical Scientist at Allakos, you will:
- Build professional relationships and communicate with regional, national and international scientific and clinical leaders to develop bi-directional exchange of medical and scientific information
- Conduct peer to peer scientific discussions and maintain a reliable presence with those scientific leaders to ensure consistent and reliable contact with Allakos
- Address scientific questions pertaining to antolimab and clinical indications of interest
- Review headquarters-directed education and training to maintain current knowledge and understanding of dynamic scientific and clinical environment in the company's areas of interest
- Closely follow scientific literature relevant to fields of interest
- Communicate key medical insights from HCPs and OLs with pertinent implications to Allakos
- Attend regional and national medical conferences to further develop scientific expertise and understanding of therapeutic landscape, to inform medical affairs and launch strategy
- Interpret key scientific data and translate this information to meet educational and research needs in alignment with Allakos Medical Affairs plans
- Participate in medical and cross-functional initiatives/projects
- In collaboration with the Allakos Clinical Team, support company-sponsored trials to build awareness of pending studies and gauge potential investigator interest, and to enhance investigators’ understanding of the scientific foundations and objectives of the study
- Participate in internal exercises to further develop scientific and clinical acumen (ie, journal club)
- Partner with commercial team to develop the strategic direction and tactical execution of the launch plan
- Play a critical role in internal training and communication with the Medical and Commercial teams.
Qualifications & Expertise:
- Advanced clinical/science degree required (MD, PhD or PharmD) with specialty (or relevant experience) in Gastroenterology, Dermatology or Allergy/Immunology
- 5-10 years of relevant pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience in Medical Affairs working on biologics.
- Launch experience required.
- Flexibility in prioritizing work and ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle time-sensitive projects
- Excellent communication skills and scientific acumen when presenting/discussing clinical and scientific information to a variety of audience types
- Demonstrated team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to critically analyze data/studies, and initiate and engage in scientific discussion
- Strong relevant subject matter knowledge
- Ability to work independently and to converse on a peer to peer basis with health care professionals
This position will reside in the Southern/Southeastern United States and is field-based and requiring up to 60% time traveling.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants please send resume to email@example.com, and reference Job #1026.
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.