Sr. Manager/Associate Director, Project Management and Medical Affairs Operations #1020
The Associate Director of Medical Operations and Project Management will be working directly with Senior Director of Medical Affairs Planning and Operations to project manage across Medical Affairs (MA) functions. Responsibilities include creating and improving MA operational processes and efficiency, developing and implementing strategic publications plan with other scientific communications team members and subject matter experts, designing and delivering advanced quantitative data analyses to support the various aspects of clinical development, disseminating key scientific data into different formats for internal and external key stakeholders, and managing and executing other MA activities.
This role requires advanced technical skills, publications management experience, experience working with clinical datasets (EMR, clinical trial data, data cleaning and building analysis models of open-label study data, etc.), and demonstrated ability to derive actionable insights from quantitative data analyses. This role also requires outstanding project management capabilities and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with strong attention to quality control.
- Drive project management across MA functions including Publications, KOL Engagement, Ad Boards, Congresses, Medical and Patient Education
- Facilitate all elements of publications activities under their auspices, including coordination of internal, collaborator and author stakeholders, including facilitation of meetings with cross-team functions and potential external partners, as appropriate
- Maintain timelines and accelerated milestones to ensure timely delivery and submission of publication material to scientific congresses and/or journals
- Ensure all publication activities adhere to Allakos’ SOPs (which includes ICMJE and GPP3), which includes filing, archiving, and timely communications and follow-up with all key stakeholders
- Provide updates of scientific publication activities on a regular basis and/or as directed, including provision or presentation of updates in PowerPoint, word, or other formats
- Partner with Clinical and Analytics teams to produce end-to-end data releases and plan for analysis and dissemination of data, managing data communications and prioritize areas of further analysis
- Liaise and facilitate interactions and provide direction and guidance to publication and medical education vendors supporting the team; act as the point person for interacting with the selected vendor (typically on a weekly basis)
- Support other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in operations research, engineering, statistics, operations management, bioinformatics, computer science, math, business, or life sciences or equivalent field. Masters or PhD/PharmD preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in management consulting, publication management and dissemination, data analytics or similar roles in biotechnology / pharmaceutical / consulting industry
- Proven strategic and analytical background, and the ability to simplify complex data analyses findings and insights to internal stakeholders and external subject matter experts through compelling communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of the publication authoring process by internal subject matter experts and using external vendors is required
- Knowledge of ICMJE and GPP3 guidelines for preparing publication documents and knowledge of regulatory guidelines for document preparation are essential
- Proven track record of timely completion of publication documents
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Words, Excel, and related programs; experience creating data visualizations with embedded PPT data charts is preferred
- Experience with advanced database manipulation and analysis tools (Excel pivot tables, LOOKUP, SUMIF, COUNTIF functions, etc) and/or statistical programs (GraphPAD, SAS, R, MATLAB, etc.) is preferred
- Demonstration of successful execution in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities effectively
- Excellent project management skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal, collaboration and verbal/written communication skills
This position is located in Redwood City, CA and requires occasional travel.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Interested applicants please send resume to email@example.com and reference Job #1020
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.